You live and breathe community. Making connections for people to move their idea forward gives you a certain kind of thrill. Calgary tech and innovation excites you, and you have a penchant for inspiring others to build collaboratively on ideas.
Does this describe you? Let’s connect. The Calgary chapter of Rainforest Alberta is looking for a contract Co-Community Manager to support the work in the tech and innovation movement, furthering its momentum in the region.
- Coordinate and execute Rainforest events from registration to post-event follow-up.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Attend and support ecosystem events in order to promote Rainforest and develop new relationships.
- Communicate and report on Rainforest initiatives and strategies to different stakeholders.
- Align and coordinate community driven projects within Rainforest.
- Work with volunteers to develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Liaise community projects with appropriate resources (funding, talent, etc).
- Lived experience in Calgary’s tech and innovation ecosystem.
- Networking lover and people-person, always looking to collaborate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Proven experience working in a dynamic and community minded role.
- Must be able to attend evening and weekend events.
- Common knowledge of Startup Ecosystem language: the Startup Commons development phases; Startup Genome; Rainforest Pillars; etc.
- Previous experience in an external tech and innovation ecosystem.
- Technology background - experience in being part of a tech startup for any role.
- Interest in data analysis.
- Your own vehicle, to carry around event equipment.
- Flexible work experience from 12 hours to 25 hours per week.
- Part-time contract
- Wednesday, 11:30-1:30,
- Weekly team meeting, 3 hours
- Two Tuesdays per month, 4:30-6:30
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all interested parties but will only contact successful candidates for an interview. Posted: Friday, October 11th, 9:30pm 4 months ago